Sunday, January 1, 2012

How to unfreeze A S-Cam on A Peterbilt 379?

I have a1989 peterbilt Extended hood! I cant unlock the brakes? I tried hitting it with a hammer and heating it up on the drums! Nothing worked so i figured that it is the s-cam! I really need someone to help me out on this!


Thank you!|||Are the brake linings so thin that the S-cam has cammed over? It may be that you will need to use force to get the cam back to normal position.


Perhaps using a bottle jack to push the slack-adjuster back.


Perhaps adjusting the slack-adjuster forward, to force a brake application to push the cam farther over.


Are you sure that the spring brake is released?|||The only thing I can add to Ironhand is that it should go to a shop %26amp; take the wheel %26amp; drum off and redo the brakes %26amp; S cam bushings just to be on the safe side. There's no sense taking short cuts because you don't want problems.|||first i would back the slack adjuster all the way off, then try it. If they have cammed over, you should be able to remove the drum

No comments:

Post a Comment