Sunday, January 8, 2012

Any problems with a peterbilt?

Has anyone had any problems with their Peterbilt, specifically a newer 387? Lots of breakdowns, unusual parts, or missing parts etc?


I'd love to know about it. We've had so many problems we're giving the truck back and was wondering if it was an isolated case, and if not, whaat can we do about it?|||My family owns a trucking company they have used all Peterbilts for over 20 years,I believe,...many of the Peterbilts on the lot are that old. However, Volvo has surpassed Peterbilt in durability and affordibility. The newer Peterbilts are simply not what they once were.|||take it to a dealer give it a check up|||The best Peterbilts are the older ones. The company has had too much drive to "modernize" and do things faster and cheaper. As a result the product has gotten crappier. If you need a truck and want a Peterbilt, get one that is at LEAST 10 years old. Parts are readily available and they are FAR more reliable than the newer versions.


The newer Peterbilts are about look and comfort rather than reliability.|||I had my Peterbuilt along time ago and it's still working quite well for it's age. It would be very painfull for my to get a new Peterbuilt because of all the good times I have had with my original. If I did get a new Peterbuilt I'd get a longer one but I think I keep the one I've got now.

No comments:

Post a Comment